I grew up riding scooters, dirtbikes, and streetbikes. Sold my last one about 20 years ago. I had a young family to think about. Absolutely zero regrets.

Working in the hospital, saw too much bad $hit during the rally. If it can happen on a motorcycle, I have probably seen it.

Four very conservative local riders that I knew with lots of experience had some bad wrecks. Two mortalities, one with series of surgeries to be put back together, and the other about killed his wife.

Having lived out here for over 30 years have seen too much senseless, nonsense during the rally. From good people losing and ruining their lives to the crazy and unsafe riding.

Just this morning going to work in Sturgis had two bikes stop in the middle of the road to make a left turn. Had to roll down the window and tell them their was a turning lane. Glad I was paying attention and got the truck stopped.

This time of year my head is on a swivel looking out for the motorcycles. They are everywhere, going every which way. Insane!

Official rally statistics do not start until Friday, But I believe there has already been one fatality, and some serious wrecks.

The thing that boggles my mind is how some riders have not quite figured out that exhausts pipes are HOT! See it every year. crazy

Last edited by CRS; 08/03/22.

Arcus Venator