Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Tesoro
If yo drive a motorcycle on the road then pretend you are invisible.

Stupid post, you want the drivers to know you are there. An exhaust that is loud enough to hear yet not annoying is a big plus. You have to ride outside of the blind zone, with plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front of you and you can use speed to stay in the safe zone, expect all drivers to be idiots. Some of them might be spandex wearing bicyclists hiding their angst against motorized bikes while driving cars.

If you need exhaust noise to keep you safe, you are doing it wrong. I suspect many people won't be able to hear an exhaust above all the other noise in their car, unless it's a really loud exhaust. Bear in mind that exhaust noise is somewhat directional, so an moderately noise bike may not be audible until you enter the danger zone. When they hear an exhaust, they won't be able to process where it's coming from. The kind of people that don't carefully look before changing lanes, won't let the presence of an exhaust note stand in the way of their carelessness. You are most assuredly wise to move purposefully through danger zones and to have an escape plan in place when you do.

A good exhaust note is always a plus, lets people know approximately where you are and that noise is exactly what I want heard when I enter the "danger zone".

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]