Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Teal
You said "That's not the truth..."

What in my statement about ME and MY use is "not the truth"?

You said:

"IDGAF what the paperwork says"

I said that's not the truth.

If you wanted a long eye relief scope and the paperwork said: eye relief 5 - 3.1 but you got eye relief 3.3 -2.3, you'd care. Am I wrong about that?

Still - I don't give a Phouck what the paperwork says on the SWFA scope - I really don't because - and the second part of that sentence is the important part - it works for me. Again - what is not TRUE about what I do or do not care about that you know better than me for me?

I apologize. You are the first person I have encountered that doesn't consider eye relief specs before buying.

ER is but one factor that determines a scope’s suitability for a task I have in mind. Tube length, objective size, eyebox, yadaydayada all have an effect. What works, works, and conversely, what doesn’t doesn’t, regardless of the specs, true or claimed. My 1-4 is a perfect match for my 10/22 CSC. I mounted it so it works at the highest power, and it has enough latitude to work at the others as well. Might not work for me on a long-action bolt action, but then again with a rail it might. At least it held zero on my Mini-14, unlike something else I tried. In general, I’ve had more problems with short tubes and fat eyepieces than ER.

What fresh Hell is this?