Originally Posted by Rawhide67
I started shootings cowboy matches in the mid 90’s. No pressure, just fun friendly competition. By the time I drifted away from it, due to kids and family obligations, the club was over run by the “gamers.” At least that’s what the regulars called them. Always trying some new thing to shave seconds off. Our club specifically did not allow holding the trigger back and thumbing the hammer. I was range officer one day, caught a guy doing just that. I called him out on it, he whined to the shoot coordinator and I was told to stand down. He was one of the gamers. The attitude of the shooters was diminished too. It wasn’t a family event, it wasn’t fun competition, it was deadly serious to the gamers. If I wanted to shoot high pressure and stress matches I’d shoot 3 gun or ipsc. The gamers all run the show at that club now, or did last I checked. None of old familiar faces were around, all the people who busted their humps and donated time and money to get it all rolling.
I guess time change, but the changes didn’t suit me.

Pretty much what happened here. The fun shooters eventually left leaving only the gamers and there was not enough of them left to setup 6 stages. So it died completely

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/13/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles