I posted earlier in this thread that it is still alive and well in the area in Florida where I live. I am going to be spending more time in Missouri so I checked into the Cowboy Action shooting clubs there. It seems it is alive and well there too, two different clubs that shoot every weekend. They also shoot a couple of days through the week and have a pretty good turn out of shooters. If I drive south there are 5 clubs that shoot both days every weekend.

Back when SASS was in it's hayday I can see where some clubs may have been costume nazis but today they realize they need shooters so the rules have relaxed a little at least at monthly shoots, still no ball caps, short sleeve shirts, tennis shoes or lug sold combat boots. At larger matches costumes are still required to meet SASS rules.

Some of you may not be aware that SASS very recently changed the rules for Wild Bunch shooting to include any SASS legal rifle and shotgun and removed the power factor on the rifle requirement. They also changed some rules on the 1911 pistol requirements. They are trying to make it more appealing to people.