Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Inflation is one thing, cost for the stuff is another, having the monotony of waiting in line with strict rules to shoot the same dang steels over and over only appeals to certain personality types.

From your statement I assume you have never shot a cowboy match and probably haven't even attended one to watch because everything you stated about waiting in line and shooting the same steels over and over is absolutely false. The rules are no more strict than any other competitive shooting discipline and are mostly for safety.

As for the original post about cowboy action dying, I am moving from one area of the country where cowboy action shooting is alive and thriving to another part of the country so I thought I would research and see if I would even have any opportunities to shoot. Turns out the area I am moving to has even MORE cowboy action shooting clubs and matches than the area where I currently live. I can shoot every weekend and several times a month during the week all within an hour drive of where I will be living. I have been watching the score sheets from the matches and it looks like every one has twenty plus shooters at each match. I think cowboy action shooting is more alive than people want to let on.