Originally Posted by iskra
Sounds like a grand combo of "Admin speak; moreover politician speak"; as contouring the commentary; phrasing as propagandized message!

I love... "- a slightly better, more common grade of steel." The "better" in the eye of the beholder. Likely respective of better profit margins! The "more common grade" as a large signal of such as lower tech alloys; "cheaper materials" the Barnum-speak message! Perhaps components reverting to nothing more than early twentieth century "carbon steel". Such does make for beautiful blue! The same quick cash "acquisition" folks in the wings! Seeking "one born every minute" consumers! Save your new warranty cards for the next TP shortage!

Actually sounds like the opposite to me. From the article posted about the Alpha 1:

The barrel steel has been changed to the correct properties that a barrel should have. In the past, Remington was more concerned with how fast they could make a barrel and how long the tooling would last.

Sounds like a pretty frank admission to me...and like it is an improvement. Reading the article, I really like the way the new ownership is forthcoming about how in the past the quality pooch has been screwed.

hinesf4i and anyone else who has one of the new rifles, would you gents mind posting some pictures?

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers