I've only owned 2 Tikkas, a 223 compact, and a 308 that I currently have. I'd have probably kept the 223, but a great-nephew borrowed it to deer hunt with, and didn't want to give it back, so now he owns it, and has killed several deer with it. The 308 is a very accurate rifle, is stainless, which I really like, and is one I'll probably keep for the foreseeable future. But, they just don't have the appeal to me that a 700 does.

Having said that, I really don't care what brand of a rifle a person likes, or for that matter, dislikes. It's their business what they spend their money on, and no one else's. What I don't like is when I people saying that a certain brand is junk.........when they've never owned that brand. I've owned a slew of 700's and Model 7's. I had the bolt handle come of of one, and had a trigger become faulty on another one. Needless to say, I wasn't very pleased with that. But......I've never owned a 700 that was not a good shooting rifle, shooting as good if not better than any other brand I've owned. It was a sad thing that the company that owned Remington let the quality slip so bad the last years that they owned them, and it turned a lot of people off from buying their product. Hopefully the new company will have the quality control as their number one goal, and turn out a firearm as good and reliable as was once the case.