For those interested, here is a list of the Rem Arms Model 700 changes that I heard while listening to Hunter Cummings of Rem Arms on their YouTube Channel:

- 5R rifling in all Model 700s

- a slightly better, more common grade of steel (their updated current grade and previous grades were not specifically discussed)

-“…holding tighter tolerances than ever.” Some of his examples were:

*the recoil lug is now made parallel to .0002”
*the chamber is now 100% CNC machined

- allowing employees greater latitude in stopping the assembly line if they notice an issue etc.

I personally bought a new Rem Arms 700 ADL in 6.5 Creedmoor. I can verify the following:

- It does have 5R rifling
- It has bolt jeweling (although it is crude compared to what typically jeweling looks like, as some of the black oxide is still on the bolt); my older synthetic ADL bolts are just black oxide

I have not shot it yet, but it feeds extremely well. The Creedmoor can feed a little persnickety in my experience with some rifles (Kimbers, Savage 110s, Axis, etc.). At first glance, the black oxide type finish seems just slightly better done than previous synthetic ADL’s. My plan is to mount new Burris steel bases, standard Zee rings, and a 3-9X40 Fullfield II.

Obviously there has been pricing changes, too. The ones I’ve seen do not come with the cheap rings and scope. As many of you know, those were often had at Wal-Mart for like 380-400ish. Now it’s sold without the scope set-up for about 580-600ish, but that’s not an apples to apples comparison as we all know there has been quite a bit of inflation since the pre-bankruptcy models were sold. The new BDL synthetic models seem to go for 680-700ish, so about 100 dollars more than the ADL. In the past, you had to pay more than 100 above an ADL to get the BDL version.

Last edited by hinesf4i; 08/10/22.