I like them having 5R barrels. I’ve never owned one with a 5R barrel but it seems like a can’t miss selling point. I’ve never had a problem with a Remington 700 extractor but given the industry that has grown around “upgrading to a Sako style extractor” that would seem to make sense too.

IMO Remingtons biggest mistake was transitioning from rifles and shotguns that most people perceived as solid affordable nicer guns to marketing to the cheapest price point. They still shoot but became a budget gun that was tone deaf to the market besides the economy line. Building a brand around economy guns was never Remingtons niche. They were better off with mid level guns. As far as 700’s. They should look back to the Classic, Mt. Rifle, and KS Custom lines to see where they really got it right.

They could take a note from Kimber on stock profiles. Remington being controlled round feed is a minus to some but they should focus on what they have. A light and accurate action. Offer the upgrades that people want and focus on lighter weight good shooting rifles with quality components.