I work in the industry. Ford availability has been better the Ram or Chevy/GMc with the exception of Superdutys. Superduty F250 and F350 stopped shipping at all for almost 6 months. Most ford dealers of decent size have 35-60 vehicles on the ground. Just cause their website says they have 34 doesn't mean there are 34 on the ground. Many of the dealer groups pool their inventory on all their websites. For example: if they have 10 chevy dealerships they may show 100 available but the reality is most dealers might have 10. they also started showing "in Transit" and in production vehicles on their website which could take 1-6 months to get there.

Toyota inventory comes in spurts. A dealer near me that sold 320 new last month currently has 4 on the ground. supposed to have several hundred coming this month but they have not showed up yet.

Cars can sit at the port for several reasons: waiting on chips, recalls, lack of trucks/drivers to deliver them. The ports are now allowing dealers to bring a van load of guys and self deliver 5-10 vehicles at a time because of a lack of drivers.

the small town dealers are really being hurt by lack of vehicles. I know of two small dealers with Zero new 1500 trucks on the ground.

used car inventory has increased and prices are coming down. interest rates and inflation is killing credit scores for the past 2 quarters now. But you still see 1-2 year old used trucks priced higher than MSRP for a new one. I know of some that are charging $10,000 additional "market adjustments" on top of the listed prices which is illegal in most places. Sad things is there are people lining up to pay it especially for new vehicles in short demand. these people will be buried upside down in vehicle value for years. I cant believe the banks are financing these vehicles.

No one is scrapping new vehicles that is pure BS.

Most dealers have had record profits 8 out of the last 15 months with the other months darn close to records so they are not hurting at all. However if the new inventory situation changes rapidly a lot of used cars are going to sit or be sold at huge losses.

It going to take another year for things to get back to relative normal.