It's not unheared of that a trophy whitetail is bought or killed in Michigan or Wisconsin and tranported to Virginia or some other state, possibly killed along the way, then reported as a kill in the destination state.

And I agree about too few DWR officers. East of I-95 and south of Rt 33, which is basically the southeastern quarter of the state, there are 3 on duty at any given time. I talked to one that checked my license this last spring. He was a DWR officer that has checked my license before and I've gotten to know him, kind of, and he stated they simply can't repond to all the calls they get. We have billboardshere along some of our highways advertising for jobs as DWR officers. We just don't have enough. But we have more than our share of slob hunters.

During deer season, we allow hound hunting east of the Blue Ridge. That is a "club" activity. They have no problem shooting literally anything their dogs chase out of the roads. I've seen it. Fawns, does, buck, foxes, whether they are in season or not. On a local WMA I hunt, taking does is forbidden. Yet I see them laying in the back of hunt club trucks.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/24/22.