I had an Army buddy from a very wealthy family in DC. His father was a real-estate developer with a net worth in the hundreds of millions back in the 80s. Their house was on the National Register of Historic Places, and it was full of art work that you'd only expect to see in museums. It also had pictures of his parents with every president since Nixon.

I knew his parents to some extent. They were also kind and would help someone who truly needed it IF they didn't think their assistance would go to waste. They were a class act and were unreasonably kind to me when I was just a raw young buck sergeant. It was clear that they had gone out of their way to educate their son well without letting him turn into a jerk, and they succeeded.

He went to an exclusive private high school, and was the first student to join the Army after graduation instead of going to college since WWII. He made it through the Special Forces Qualification Course a few months before I did, and we served on the same A-Detachment for about a year. He went to work for his father after he got out of the Army, worked his ass off, and made even more money than his father had made, which is saying something. He could have moved in the highest circles of wealth and privilege in DC, but he married a waitress he met in a diner. They had a bunch of kids together and life for them was pretty good for a while.

Unfortunately, he used to commute by helicopter sometimes. One night, a junior pilot flew it into a hillside and killed everyone on board.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.