Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by drop_point
I dated a girl in college that came from a big farming family that owned a lot of ground in Illinois southeast of St. Louis. She had a sister that moved away and became a pilot, a brother who became an engineer at Boeing, and I believe she ultimately worked as middle management in a manufacturing plant. I don't believe her parents had a lot of liquid assets, but owned and farmed somewhere around 20,000 acres of farmland. Those three will become very wealthy when their farm is ultimately sold off. I've heard ground in that area sells for well over $10,000 an acre these days. You could tell he had really hoped that he would have a son-in-law that would be interested in farming, and I don't blame him having been raised during the end of a multi-generational farm. To this day, I believe my old ex is still singlek if anybody is looking---probably not worth it!

I knew a guy that owned a sizable section of land that he was sure his kids would sell off after his death.

He and I use to set and drink coffee and talk about it, It truly bothered him.

He finally devised a plan to keep that from happening.

Jay Starkey is gone now but we have this to remember him by.

I love it!

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."