I'm retired but my employer still pays in total for single coverage plus $200/month into an HSA. Currently, that is nearly $1000/month. Next option is +1 meaning one child, is extra but I don't know how much. The extra cost is shared by the employer and employee when I retired the employer kicked in an extra $200. Family is spouse and children. It is higher yet with the same $200 employer contribution.

There were three different plans for each insurance type when I left, the primary affect was on +1 and Family as it dropped the employee's out of pocket expense by limiting clinic and hospital choices and increasing out of provider costs. I stayed on the top tier in part as I lived outstate and my local clinic and hospital did not fall under the metro designation. It also means I pay a $2600 deductible and after that I have no more out of pocket for the remainder of the calendar year. As my former job has a high cancer rate and I've had two scares, that low deductible provides peace of mind.

The $200 HSA contribution was the result of Obama Care. The city refused to give anything to single coverage but increased employer contributions to +1 and even more to Family. The top tier plans were all in the Cadillac zone and we had just signed a 3 year contract locking the rates. The city would have had to eat the tax but we reopened the insurance part of the contract got the HSA contributions for single coverage to give everyone the same value in health care benefits.

The health care contract expires this year but I haven't heard what is being offered. That will probably change in the next week. I don't expect any significant changes though I highly doubt rates will go down.