M93 Spanish mauser 7x57 1969 was 14, shot my 1st wb a 3x3 at 17 with it. 50 years ago this fall. Bought my daughter a m7 with a short stock to use in 6 mm rem. She shot it some had no desire to hunt deer. So one fall awhile back I hauled it to a gunshow, had 3 different people try to buy it all talking about how they would replace that sawed off stock. A guy walked up with an 8-9 year-old girl, a 7 year old boy and another girl 5 years old or so. He asked to look at it, sure I said he checked it over and handed it to the older girl. It was obvious to me dad had been working her with a 22. I asked if it might be a first deer rifle and he said hopefully for all 3 how much you asking? I told him I'd allready been offered 500 ( it had Redfield rings and bases with a 2.5x7 redfield wide view on it). He took it back from the girl and laid it down said he was hoping to stay under 400. The look on that girls face said it all to me. I said I understand that, get your money out 395 will do. He got it and gave me the 395, I reached under the table and gave him the box of reduced loads for it and told him what they were and for. I had 329+tax in that rifle and scope but sometimes you need to pay it forward...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "