So the US military allowed you to work a second job overseas employed in a foreign company while serving?

That's interesting Johnny

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
How deep was the pipeline?
60- 70 meters or about 210 -250ft.
Yeah that not too bad and possible on regular gas, but if it was a diver, my bet it was a rebreather or trimix, considering the bottom time was probably more than a few minutes.
I could do a 230ft for 20min with a Navy table decomp schedule and overstay all the stops by a few minutes on an alum 80.

I always used dual 80s for those dives and a regulator on each tank and swapping out tanks every 1000psi in case a high pressure seat blew or some other thing happened.

Point is there are a lot of actors with the ability to cut those pipelines.

My bet is the lines were blown from the inside but I would not bet much as there are so many possible players.
That depth is 8 atmospheres of pressure and at that pressure a typical aluminum tank would last me like 7 minutes tops.
Originally Posted by deflave
The Air Force would have Article 15ed me for anything below 130ft much less all the singleton dives so writing down dives that would get you issues if your Comand knew always seemd silly.

Anyone who was anyone diving on Okinawa from 85-88 knew who I was and the dive store I worked, Ed's Pro Dive.

The fill stations at Kadena Marina and Tori Station filled my double 62s and double 80s many many times.

This is flat-fugking priceless.

LMFAO