Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Dogs chase em off they'll be back within a day. Radio collar studies conducted by DEC proved this. The deer don't belong to me, not even when they're on my property. They're wild animals that belong to the State and I sure don't have a need or obligation to feed or protect them. I just hunt them when in season.
Surely you don't have a problem with those who not only hunt game but protect it on their private property do you? You know, plant food plots, keep dogs and poachers out, raise way more game than they ever take?

What about folks that give a dirt nap to killer dogs and wolves? This whole discussion began because a girl was hunting in wolf country and killed a Husky that does in fact resemble a wolf, especially to a young hunter that had no reason to believe a domestic dog would be in the wilds of Montana.

Do you own livestock? I don't have that many but $100,000+ is a very significant amount of money to my family. We raised every cow we have from baby calves and our kids and grand children would like to have a few deer to hunt. I seldom shoot anything anymore except targets, hogs, and predators.
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.