Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.
Is feeding deer unlawful if done by growing a crop of peas or wheat for them? I am talking about a crop where the deer are eating stuff growing from the ground, not corn thrown out for them to pick up?
That's an interesting question and would likely need a lawyer to determine the answer in some states.

Can't bait doves, but apparently can plant sunflowers and such and they can feed on the leftovers from a normal ag operation?

Well, if one plants peas or wheat, and then goes out and harvests some for their family's use, is one now baiting deer or operating a pea farm?
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places. Baiting migratory birds is illegal federaly. Shooting someone's husky pup on public land, skinning it, and then posting hero shots online is priceless.

Oh, absolutely priceless.

Odds are, 30 years from now she'll mention her name to someone in an offhand manner and the reply will be

"your that chick that shot that husky"

Re: Fed law on baiting migratory birds......I can never understand how that works when some State agency requests that a farmer put in some sunflowers, like those fields renegade posts pics of, knowing full well the reason the sunflowers were planted rather than soybeans or turnips is so that the doves have a reason to hit that field. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?