Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places.
So is aborting/killing full term human babies.
Whoa.... Maybe not the best analogy.
Baiting often is a tool for population management. I've never done it. Dang you know how to make friends.
The point is that maybe legality isn't always the yardstick to point to in determining ethics. Population control would be far less of a problem if there weren't landowners intentionally fostering population beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land by feeding and limiting hunter access. In fact, state game managers here will tell you their biggest obstacle to proper herd management is limited access to hunters on private land.
That's a good point in theory, but you are wrong. It's your New York wildlife management agency that's the problem Blackheart. Doe tags need to be issued over the counter to the hunters. Instead of some dumbass doe draw on October 1st and then maybe hunters can get some leftover doe tags for a certain zone or some shiet. New York has some screwed up game and gun laws.
We do have second draws for leftover doe tags. I got two leftovers last year and had 6 total for the season plus my antlerless and either sex archery tags and of course my rifle buck tag.. My lifelong best friend was chairman of the NYS conservation council for many years. Through him I got to know exactly what goes on here within DEC and the obstacles they face. I am not wrong.