I'm not in the pro "shacking up" camp or hook up culture. However I'm completely against some governing or sanctioning body being involved in some couple's affairs with permission and marriage certificates.

When I look into how they "took" themselves wives in the scriptures I've no problem with that either. I'm also fine if a fella has multiple wives much like the patriarchs of Israel.

Our problem in these so called modern times is that we've left the traditional family and marriage values and have sanctioned women becoming something other than wives and wife material. Young men in times past were married early and we read about people back in the day getting married so young. The utility of that is so it keeps the young me from roaming around causing trouble and wasting effort and energy. If young fellas at that age can work, and get reliable tail at home they were more productive and reliable and it kept them from straying in an agrarian and pastoral lifestyle. Today the govt and western modern society has disrupted that model. Men won't have to sleep around if their getting everything at home