Originally Posted by Tyrone
Only about 45% of couples who live together get married. Of the ones that do, they are about 50% more likely to divorce.

There's also a strong correlation between the number of partners people have had and divorce. The more partners, the more likely to divorce once married.
Interesting, as far as my experience goes.

The majority of folks I know that had one or only a couple of girlfriends/partners before marriage were the ones that ended up divorced by the time they were in their 30's or later once the "kids were grown".

In contrast, the majority of the folks I know that had multiple relationships, without getting hitched, that found a mate after they were mature enough to understand what the deal was really about are still married. Like myself and my wife. Study friends in University, then about 3 years living together, and now going on 23 years married. Both of us had "multiple partners" and I think she was even engaged once.

Sex is a biological need. Just like eating. I can do that alone but every once in a while it's nice to have dinner with someone else................even out of "wedlock"

Then again, what do I know.............I even listen to and enjoy that dang Rock and Roll music.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?