The ONLY reason my wife and I made it legal was for the ability to make decisions for one another if needed and to simplify things with regard to finance and the like. We lived together as man and wife for several years before we made it legal.

We were totally committed to one another by the time I “took her to my home and knew her”, as the Book says. My personal belief is that while we were committed to the relationship before that, it was cemented in God’s eyes at that time, and the State has nothing to do with it. I do not believe God views the State or any organized church as the arbiter of marriage, but is Himself the arbiter of it. And he takes a dim view of jumping from woman to woman. Even dimmer view of things like two men.

There are many instances in the Book of men taking a gal to the tent and after their copulation, her being known as his wife. It is clear to me that God attaches strong importance to the relations between man and woman, as evidenced by His warnings and punishments relative to it. Sexual sin is some of the most heavily punished for a reason. You are not simply sinning on your own, you are causing or enabling another person to sin with you. He created us male and female, and made us desire one another, in order to ensure the multiplication of the species. The enjoyable nature of it was a gift with a purpose, not simply some amusement to be indulged in with any and all who would accept one’s advances.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 10/02/22.