Originally Posted by JeffA
I was chasing down another South Florida friend to see if he was OK after the storm.

He don't drink beer, he's a Crown Royal guy.

I had to do a online search to get his exact address to look his house up on the NOAA site to see if it'd been damaged.

His home took a hit but the roof was still on.
He's a man of resources, he can stand on his own two feet, if he's not had to much Crown.

He'll survive.

It's the other little things that pop up with those searches about a guy that I found a bit disturbing, it's also a testament as to why guys should take a little break from their drinking now and again.

Don't be in denial, this could happen to any of us that on occasion have a couple or six too many..

My dear and beloved friend made global news headlines with his drinking, the following is from a UK paper..

Horrified teenage girl returns to find car has been deliberately crushed by man in monster truck with five foot wheels

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

A teenage girl has been left broken-hearted after her car was crushed by a man in a huge camouflaged truck.

Norman Nowling, 40, from Fort Myers in Florida was arrested on Saturday after witnesses claimed he had deliberately driven over the 1994 Toyota Corolla several times.

The incident occurred at the Redneck Yacht Club during the annual 'Swamp Cabbage Weekend', which sees 4,000 revellers in monster trucks and pickups speed around an 800-acre mud park for fun.

Weapon of choice: This camouflaged monster truck, owned by Nowling, is believed to be the vehicle which was driven over the car

Campers come from as far afield as Alaska to attend the $40 event, which was described by one visiter as 'a mini Mardi Gras, with mud'.

But Norman, just like the rest of my friends, is a responsible stand up guy, like Deflave, a man of his word.

Red Neck Yacht Club car crushing,
Part II: Man reimburses teen for vehicle

The man who used his "monster van" to crush a 16-year-old girl's car over the weekend made good on his mistake Tuesday, WBBH-TV of Fort Myers reports.

Norman Nowling was arrested on a charge of felony criminal mischief after squashing the Toyota Corolla early Saturday morning at the Redneck Yacht Club in Charlotte County.

"I'm sure there's no other 16-year-old who can say, 'My first car got run over by a monster truck,'" said Amanda Kent.

Nowling met with the Kent's stepfather Tuesday, and gave her a $6,500 check to cover the cost of getting her a new vehicle. She says she'll start shopping for a new car this afternoon.

"I need to go to sleep every night with a clear conscience," Nowling said.

But Nowling says he still takes issue with the way the incident was handled. He admits to driving over the car, but says he wasn't the first to do it -- and he feels security at the venue unfairly singled him out.

SOBER OCTOBER

No way! LMAO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...