Originally Posted by gunnut308
When I was a pup I saved money for a 30-06. I get to the sporting good store a few days before rifle season and no ‘06 anywhere. I noticed a beautiful 700 BDL 22-250 on the rack. I said hand me that one, dude said that ain’t a deer rifle son. I grabbed a few boxes of ammo and told the salesman that I’d give it a go. Slapped a Leupold 2-7 on it and went to work.

Didn’t take long to figure out that the salesman was soooo wrong about my lil ‘250. That BDL put meat in the skillet for many years.

Probably ain’t a lick of difference in the field between the 223 and 22-250. I’ve taken critters with both.
BUT… I’ll vote for the ‘250 today.

I had about the same but mine was a heavy barreled 22-250 Savage.. It was a wicked deer killer and truth be told, I think it laid deer down a bit better than my "big gun" which at the time was a 7 Rem Mag with 140 PT's over 82 grains of H870. No idea on speed, but the 250 just laid them in a heap 99 times out of 100. The other 1 just ran a few yards.

A good 22-250 with the 62 TTSX is a giant killer in my book. Same for the 223 with the 77 TMK.

Semper Fi