Thanks Buck. I try to do these to encourage people who've never been but have a desire to, to make a plan and GO!! I really don't care if it's with me or the people/places I go, just GO!

I truly enjoy my time with Wim. If you've read my posts the last couple of trips and hunting with him, you'll maybe remember he has a PHD in Archeology. He and I seem to spend half of our time look at and for archeological sites and artifacts while we're out banging about. This trip, he took me to a place that he had recently discovered that was an ancient religious site that was carbon dated back to over 16,000 years ago. It was where the natives would enter into trances, put their hands into crevasses within the rocks and communicate with their ancient ancestors or put their hands into the carved imprints of various animal species to gain the animals strength/knowledge or imprints carved by deceased relatives to communicate with them or if living relatives far away with them. VERY VERY COOL SITE!!! Based on what he showed and explained to me, a few days later while hunting with Kevin, he took me up into some high outcroppings that overlooked his entire property and beyond the Limpopo river. I actually found some of the same carvings/engravings up there and told Wim about them.

Here is one of them.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One of the things I like most is hunting with PH's who are hunting on their own land or at least have been on the concession for a very long time. They know the history of the place, maybe going back several generations and always offer a completely new prospective on things. Same with my friends in Namibia, Jan & Mariesje on their family farm. Jan has one of the best collections of stone age hand tools, spear and arrow points, grinding stones and even some petroglyphs dated back some 15k years. His collection of artifacts has been seen/reviewed/studied by several prominent archeologists who've told him its the best collection they have seen, even in any museums.

That is part of why I always highly suggest you book as many days as you can so you can take your time, be a bit more selective on the trophies you take and be able to see, experience and learn as much you can on a trip.

It amazes me how may people I talk too and always say, "I can't afford it", "its too expensive" while at the same time spending big $$$ on hunting camps, ATV/UTV's, new 4x4 trucks, campers, motorhomes, planting food plots etc. or spending $5-$10k + on 3-7 day deer, elk hunts etc. Yes, an Africa hunt can be as expensive as you want to make it. It can also be as easily affordable as many guided US hunts.

As I say to anyone who's ever wished about going to "make a plan" and do it. It is changing soooooo fast.... get there while you can.