Was talking with a friend yesterday on the phone about the trip. He asked about if they shoot so many cull/meat animals they must not have any good trophy animals.

Well, not so. The reason is, the "meat" hunters are only interested in meat at meat prices and not interested or willing to pay a trophy fee just to get meat. Also, they don't allow the hunters to just knock about on their own. Either Wim or Kevin still has to accompany them and don't let them just arbitrarily shoot the trophy heads. Therefore, they do have some exceptional trophy heads.

I saw several kudu that would push the magical 60" mark, impala pushing 30". I have a hard time field judging wildebeest but I can tell a seriously good with with big drops that extend well beyond the ears with high tips that go above the bosses that match or beat the Namibian field gold medal ones we have the the wall in the house. That zebra in the picture above was a really big bodied one with just a few light fighting scars. Fully dressed carcass weight was 202 kilos (445lbs).