Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Give me the 44 mag revolver every time. IMO, the purpose of either is for hunting or defense from dangerous animals. Yes, either could be used against bipedal threats or for target shooting, but for those purposes there are better options.

Some people give the 10 in a semi-auto the nod for faster follow ups in the case of a charging bear or something like that. But I counter that thought with the ability to jam a revolver barrel into your attacker and pull the trigger repeatedly where a semi-auto will likely jam. That could be a very big advantage in the advent of a bear attack where we hear of so many cases that the bear is on top of the victim before they have a chance to fire their first shot, let alone a follow-up.

Furthermore, reloading allows you to load the 44 to whatever power you want, as mentioned already here by others. A semi will need a minimum load to operate the pistol. The revolver doesn’t care.

Also, getting a good set of grips on the revolver can greatly improve the comfort and manageability of the revolver.

Just my thoughts on an interesting subject. I say this as a fan of both rounds and platforms.

You done fugked up if you’re worried about the barrel jammed into your attacker .

Not necessarily, night time attacks on tent campers are more common than many realize. Waking up wrapped in a nylon burrito with the tent smashed against your face, you may find shoving the muzzle against the perp may be the only option you have at that moment.
Sounds fugked up

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]