673;
Top of the morning my friend, I hear you're maybe getting some snow up there?

We're not so far down here, which is fine with me since it's still not melted off yet by any stretch here in the yard.

Holy smoke both the moose and the mulie were heavy!! Well done again - very cool! cool

While we do hear about some mulies going beyond 200lb dressed, I'm fairly confident I've seen and helped pack only one that big. Similarly our whitetail are smaller bodied too - not that I'm complaining or stopping hunting them either.

On the bandsaw question, yes for sure over the years I've worked on several woodworking bandsaws of different sizes and did help a buddy maintain his meat cutting one a couple times too.

Broadly speaking, the larger diameter the top and bottom drive pulleys are, the less trouble we'll have keeping the blade from breaking.

They'll be a rubber cover on the pulleys which is sometimes referred to as the "tires". They're sort of a consumable item, depending upon how much the saw is used, what it's used on, how true the pulleys run and how much blade tension.

We tried to find the sweet spot for blade tension, sort of the Goldilocks approach as there absolutely seemed to be a "just right" spot for good cutting and not inducing excess wear on the pulley tires and bearings.

When I'm setting them up I'll usually tension the blade enough so it stays in place, then if possible with that saw, I'll adjust the blade tension and listen to the thing run. It'll "usually" tell you by ear when you're putting too much pressure on the system. The same way you tune a chainsaw by ear really - if that makes sense?

Bleach solution for cleanup of course with them. It's really not recommended to use a spray bottle with bleach solution as the atomized particles get into the lungs way too easy then. If you're like me - well lets just admit my lungs don't need any further exposure to cancer causing chemicals after a lifetime of working in and around finishing areas in a cabinet shop and then doing a bit of automotive spraying as well. It's sort of amazing I've made it this far when I think about how we sprayed without masks for years....

Anyways I want to say that a cup of bleach per gallon of fairly warm to hot water is what I'd use to clean it.

There's likely sealed bearings on the pulleys so nothing to grease most likely.

If it's a huge motor on it, then of course the usual caution of running either a big extension cord or as short as possible one to keep the thing happy.

I think that's it off the top of my head for now sir. Hope that all made sense and was useful?

Give me a shout here or by all means text if you think I can help with something else.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"