Originally Posted by Calhoun
Ranger, this was your 99 on top. You can see on the bottom picture on mine where the stud is farther back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]

Got it, thanks. Yep, I do see the difference. And in the meantime, I found one pic that shows where the forearm screw is on mine (once I zoomed in enough), same locations as yours. I don't have pics of the forearm detached, so dunno if the stud is attached with a machine screw/nut or a wood screw... (Although since it looks/measures identical to the stud on our Winchester M71, I reckon I could look to see how THAT'S attached and assume the attachment on the M99 would be the same. I'd imagine the OEM fabricator probably may not have made these in two different screw styles...)

Interesting I think you've said earlier (or maybe it was Rick) that the checkering pattern and the two lines on my forestock were of the RS style... and it does look like yours. Unlike the separated triangles on the known-to-be-Rs, I guess... I imagine changing the whole forestock would have been something Grandad would absolutely NOT have done.

-Chris

Last edited by Ranger4444; 12/05/22.