Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
You canned tomato boys are making me think. Mine are pretty damn good, but I might have to try it y'all's way with the imported stuff.

The real San Marzano Tomatoes are incredible! DOP San Marzano tomatoes are a special variety of tomato that grows in the Sarnese-Nocerino district in Campania, Italy, near Naples. Like any product labeled DOP (Denominazione d’Origine Protetta or Protected Designation of Origin), San Marzano tomatoes are cultivated in a specifically defined region. In the case of DOP San Marzano tomatoes, the area in which they are grown is regarded as sacred ground due to its perfect growing conditions: mineral rich volcanic soil, abundant water sources and constant relative humidity. All these factors contribute to the characteristics that make these tomatoes so special.

This video is the exact way I make my Marinara Sauce, the real deal. I use way more Basil leaves, I put a big handful in half way through the cooking process and the other half in when I have reached the desired consistency, for a fresh basil taste. I also add Red Pepper Flakes because I like some heat in the sauce.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/09/22.

KB