Originally Posted by Riflehunter
If I can get a 350 grain .375 projectile going 2300 fps from a .308 case at normal pressures using temperature stable powders or a 286 grain 9.3 projectile travelling slightly faster from a .308 case, then I want to be the first to hunt Cape Buffalo with it.

It has never been my intention to shoot 350 grain heavies in the 93Jimbo...

Arne did in his .375 Raptor... and probably could have gotten to 2,100 FPS with long throating and a 22" barrel.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We did 270s in the Raptor and had great accuracy to 400 yards, but horrid expansion. Mostly because ALL .375 bullets are for the H&H or RUM type guns. Or the very slow .375W guns. Virtually nothing in the middle range except Sierra 2900s.

This is where the Lapua 185 .366s and the Norma 232s will theoretically shine... AND will expand at 2,900+ FPS.

I may try some 250s also and possible 286s, but not as part of the development phase.

AR-10s are not legal in Africa and a SA 9,3 would never be a caliber I would take there to hunt DG. Don't be obtuse. Reread the whole thread before commenting again.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.