Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by tbird86
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
9.3 x 51 sounds good, and most people would probably work out that it is a 9.3 on the .308 case. 93Jimbo sounds a bit....retarded.
It's clear you didn't read through the entire thread before posting.
It's a fact of life that all of us pass away at some point in time. People who have had no relationship to the deceased or if the deceased's contribution to society was not considered a great deal more than the ordinary, aren't going to feel the same degree of sentimentality towards that person as those who were close to them. Therefore, naming something after them really needs to sound good without having to resort to an explanation of why it is named that way.
The 9.3J can be considered parallel developments with the 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08 Rem, 338 Federal and 358 Winchester. All based on the 308 Winchester parent case which in all cases resulted in a very marketable product. I'd hate to see this fine product limited somewhat by sentimentality, so the point being made is valid. Yes we can do our research into who exactly formed the first 308 Winchester case, but they conceded the honor of the name to the company with the power that could make it public on a grand scale. There is a reason why the technical team shouldn't also do the marketing. Ultimately the name will go to the company who picks this up and goes into production with it.

I do not care about your opinion... GET THE MEMO. You have also been wrong on every single comment you have repeatedly made... except grasping the viability of .366 bullets.

The .308W came from the .30-06 which came from the Patrone 88. Debate that in another thread if you insist.

I fully expect Wilson Combat or some Creedmoor group to claim this idea for money... or not...

I will dog the chit out of them... just because.

None it really matters... I am doing what I do because I want to and can. Zero other reason.

If that is not enough logic... you and Riflehunter go build your own chit.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.