A lot of great info guys. I appreciate it. beretzs is funny about me venturing away from Tikka's and model 70's. Nah, I have an appreciation for good rifles. I've always liked mauser rifles and grew up using a sporterized m1917. As for this 340, it is definitely a cool rifle with some unique features. One being the bedding system. Or I will call it a "system" for now because the recoil lug locks into the bottom metal with a circular lug. I don't think I will need to glass bed this one, as it is a very solid mechanical locking system. The barrel shouldn't need to be freefloated either, as I believe the barrel is nice and snug in the channel. All this working together mechanically to aid in precision/accuracy. I like to look at things mechanically and this rifle is pretty slick in design. Some engineering went into it for sure. The rifle has a trigger that is easy to adjust and is very similar to a Timney. I adjusted it down to 2 3/8 pounds quite easily. Very smooth and crisp let off with no creep. Here are some pics. I don't think the rifle has been fired, since it left the factory. Actually let me start with how it looked when I got it. Scope included:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now, some pics of when I had it out of the stock and started working on it:
After wiping the stock down with old english^^^

Lets face it. The 40 year old recoil pad was hard as a rock, so you guys know what I did:

This rifle cleaned up beautifully. It's nice and lightweight, I really like the stock design. It is slim and comfortable. That red Pachmayr is going to make it much nicer shooting off the bench. Now, for scope mounts and rings. I'm working on that one, but this is probably what I'm going to put on it. Right now, I'm thinking weaver mounts and Burris Zee rings and this Leupold I picked up yesterday:

Don't pay any attention to that price tag. I actually got it for $150.00^^^ Along with this one:

Yesterday was a pretty good day for finding deals.. Thanks for all the information you provided. Now what bases and rings work??? Maybe some for an Interarms Mark X or Zastava model 70?? I believe this to be a Zastava action, not an FN as I previously stated.. I think I got lucky with this one. Package deal was $585.00. I may sell the old gloss Burris 3-9x40 that was on the rifle. I've seen the old gloss ones sell for $200+ on ebay..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA