"My conclusion, that Zastava action of which you complain, not H&R factory work. Check action & barrel branding & chambering for indications of non-originality."I said that rifle was a Zastava, the "Alaskan". I never said it was by H&R.

When they removed metal from the front of the action to use a longer magazine, they went a bit too far creating those "shark teeth" I mentioned. Every Zastava I've seen and checked in .375 H&H seems to have had that problem. It would have been better to have left 1.16" more metal at the front of the action and removed the difference at the rear of the action.

A probably fix would have been remover the barrel, clean up the teeth at the top of the feed ramp but they way it was done to begin with left very little metal to control the back thrust on the bolt. The top lug would most likely have to carry more of the load.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE