Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Double_Aught
Got an older fullfield II 3x9x40 I’m going to put on it for the time being. The more Ive read about the vertical split rings the more they seem like a pain to switch scopes in them down the line. The rifle is a close to 8 pound 35 whelen as it sits with no scope now and it’s not too horrible recoil wise. It is a classic gun though and I don’t want to put tactical looking rings on it.

I totally agree with you there: The reason I use the Zee rings. They are not blocky and excessively big like a lot of the weaver style rings. A lot of those are too tactical looking for my needs as well. These are not tactical rifles, they are classic hunting rifles. I hate to suggest the leupold standard mounts and rings, but that is what I'm running right now until I fit a set of weavers on my new Mauser rifle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Running an older American made Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. Great scope for this application as well, as it is fairly lightweight, but it will easily allow you to shoot to 500 yards with that reticle. This older Burris has better glass than my new Zeiss V4 4-16x44.

That is a sharp looking rifle! And what stock is that if you don’t mind me asking?