Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've had super low zee's on my Marlin .30-30 for over 20 years. I've lost track of how many deer have been killed and wouldn't care to guess how many days it's been afield but it's a whole bunch of both.

Yeah....I was pretty surprised by the poor quality of these last two sets of 'Zee's' I referenced in my earlier post. Both hunters asked me before buying them and I told them that while they weren't my first choice, I had no qualms using them based on my previous good experience with 'Zee' rings, both standard and Signature. I actually wondered if they were knock-offs but both sets came from reputable suppliers and everything appeared correct. Both sets were tried on multiple sets of name brand steel and aluminum bases. The bases were not the issue.

Besides the 22LR mentioned, two H&R Ultra Varmint break action single shot 223's have early 2000's vintage 'Zee's on them as does a Model 70 Sporter Varmint 22-250. So there's a few sets here on well used hunting style rifles. I can't imaging how many 'dogs those two H&R's have shot over the years.

I've moved on from the 'Zee's but these 4 sets will stay since they do what they need to do. All bases have been bedded and rings lapped/bedded, as per normal.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner