Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by Double_Aught
Have a sporterized Mauser 98 at the smith’s now getting drilled and tapped for scope bases. The receiver hadn’t had the charging hump ground down so I decided on two piece warne unaltered steel bases for it. I was planning on using the vertical split maxima rings but after some reading I’m thinking about going with the Burris signature zee rings instead. Which ones should I go with? Or should I be looking at different rings?

To each his own, but anyone tells you Signatures are no good is......wrong. I'd definitely go with Signatures. And the Zees. They absolutely self align, hold really well and will not mark the scope. Either 1 or 2 piece base, up to you. With picatinny style machined slots, the Signature Zee will slide on fine, but the cross bolt is smaller than the slot. So just seat the ring and bolt, then slide it forward a little until the crossbolt stops against the front of the slot, then tighten. Not a big deal, it won't move. With the Weaver style aluminum extruded bases, the ends are often a bit larger enough to where you need to open the Zee ring clamping slot a little, a small pita but not a deal breaker for me. i just use one piece machined picatanny rails now. And Signature Zees. Never had one fail, ever.

BTW- You're gonna have a nice rifle. I'm sure you won't go tossing it around. .

Good post.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA