Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The last two sets of Burris 'Zee's (supplied to me by their owners) were not anything I'd use or install. I showed them the areas of concern and both opted for different set ups.

An earlier set of 'Zee's (2003-ish) I now have on a 22LR are much better, with the exception of the cross bolt screw not being a Torx config as these later ones are.

My 2 cents worth, FWIW.

Good shootin' -Al
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
If you're the guy that takes 10,000 pictures of targets, keeps fired targets in a collection of binders and your rifles only see the range, Zee's are the rings for you.

Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The last two sets of Burris 'Zee's (supplied to me by their owners) were not anything I'd use or install. I showed them the areas of concern and both opted for different set ups.

An earlier set of 'Zee's (2003-ish) I now have on a 22LR are much better, with the exception of the cross bolt screw not being a Torx config as these later ones are.

My 2 cents worth, FWIW.

Good shootin' -Al

You guys can speculate all the stupid schidt you want, as it appears you have never had a set of Zee rings break. Please show some pics of these rings that have given up on you in the field or even on the range. I highly doubt some of you guys shoot more than a box of ammo per year. Then Al mainly shoots benchrest, where his rifles are 15+ pounds. The op wants a good set of rings for his mauser. Those that have posted pictures of what works on mauser rifles, have given good options.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA