Originally Posted by hillestadj
This is why we can't have nice things...

hillestadj;
Good evening to you sir, I trust your section of WI is getting a good winter and you and those you love are well.

I'm cognizant your question wasn't directed to those of us residing north of the medicine line, but since we seem to be participating in some capacity, hopefully it's acceptable if one more Canuck does that.

Regarding how the country has changed over the years, I'd say that's a correct assessment for sure, but certainly more visible in the bigger centers. To be clear though, northern Washington say Wenatchee or even Spokane hardly resembles Seattle in terms of "feel" so if one would only see one and not the other - well one wouldn't have a clear picture is all.

There's been some discussion regarding NORAD and rather than share my limited knowledge of how our joint air defense is run, I'll offer a link to Operation Yellow Ribbon where somewhere north of 230 planes and between 30,000 and 45,000 travelers bound for US destinations were sheltered up here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellow_Ribbon

Other posts have covered that over the years but certainly since PM Socks came into power we've become much too cozy with the CCP. Much too much...

There are many of us who are attempting to steer our country back to a more sane and center position, but as it seems on both sides of the medicine line, there's a well funded movement who are opposed to that.

It might behoove us who do lean to the right of center to work at building bridges and seeing how we can work together - or not, you know?

Hopefully some of this is inane enough to qualify for participation and if not sir, then in true Canadian tradition I'll say I'm sorry about that. wink

Best to you.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"