Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by WTM45
Read Dr. Jason Fung, "The Obesity Code."

Myths and misgivings will be busted.

ALL foods stimulate insulin production.

"What to eat. When to eat."

no --- all foods don't stimulate insulin production, this is the old glycemic index theory.

insulin production and secretion are two different things, and we haven't even gotten into the immune systems response to this to say nothing about missing genetic messengers etc. in the metabolism cycle.

the term carbohydrate is defined differently by biologists, enzymologists, and MDs, nut-tritionists ,so you must decide where this and who this is coming from.

while I'm glad the body building/health folks have been the testing ground for synthetic hormones, (growth mainly), and peptides to get around current FDA laws on public use,, it must not be underestimated that obesity is a major world wide problem.

On page 192, the Dr. states "All foods, not just carbohydrates, stimulate insulin. Thus, all foods can cause weight gain."
On page 189 the Dr. also states "But all foods cause insulin secretion." On that point, you seem to be in agreement.
Yes, I know the differences in production and secretion. My mistake in using the word "production" above.
It is all about the hormone levels.

I appreciate your contributions here as well!