Originally Posted by Etoh
A common terminology for all medical conditions would be a good start. no latin terms

there is no antidotal evidence to ignore, the whole argument assumes Ceteris paribus, all things being equal (CF like math problems - this from the field of Logic)

I stopped eating doughnuts because of the many bad things about them. I went straight to BearClaws. go big or go home

start by getting some real medical numbers, sugar levels, hormone levels, etc.

pick the point you like the most.

I agree individual assessment would be very valuable. It seems to me however that if an individual was concerned and disciplined enough to seek individual assessment, they most likely would have never reached a point where weight was a huge problem. Since the masses are more in the levels of obesity, I believe it is possible to agree on a few things that will help the majority. Most would benefit from fewer calories, more time between consumption of calories and better-quality calories containing maximum nutrition. To accomplish that an all-natural diet along with intermittent fasting seems to be a very useful tool. If wanting to maximize fat loss low carb can be added.

I'm not one that thinks all carbs should be eliminated forever. Many natural carbs are very beneficial, but I do think to maximize weight loss low carb is a good approach as long as the diet is varied enough to supply good nutrition.