I remember the argument that round receivers would split the stocks and the flat bottom receivers would not. Proof that the 70’s were superior!

I’m an early 700 fan. But I’ve had or still have pre-64 70’s, push feed 70’s, and Classic 70’s. I like 70’s too.

I’ve owned quite a few 77’s, hoping that I’d like one. They all went down the road, accuracy and/or stock fit being the issues.

I’ve owned only one Savage bolt - an Axis. I’d call that a truck gun or a rifle I’d keep in the barn in case a rabid skunk appeared. I liked that Axis better than the 77’s, but it went down the road too.

As far as Springfields vs. Mausers go; the Springfields rarely are re-barreled and the Mausers are most often re-barreled. Explain that phenomena, Mauser lovers.

Controlled feeding actions means, harder to rechamber for a different shaped cartridge. That’s about the only difference for me. They work equally well in the field. I’ve had failed to extract more with Mausers than any other, maybe due to my reloads though. I don’t hot rod reloads any more and that’s not been an issue for a long time.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally