Originally Posted by specneeds
I’d like to own a model 70 one of these days the safety has always put me off them.

The first Remington model 700 I owned in 1977 wouldn’t extract & was replaced with a model 77 that still is extremely accurate & reliable. My 22-250 700 SPS isn’t the prettiest rifle in the rack but shoots so well it’s a little boring.

I had a couple of Axis but don’t think I’d buy another one & didn’t care for the RAR I had in 30-06.

When younger hunters ask me what I recommend these days neither rifle action is American. I like the Tikka ant the Weatherby vanguard made by Howa better than Remington or Winchester. Both guarantee 1” accuracy or better as do a few rifles.

Using the wrong lubricant in extreme cold can cause any action to gum up & get a click instead of a bang.

Most Hunters like the idea of great bang for the buck & aren’t collecting pieces of art to be passed down for generations.

The safety is why I like model 70's slightly better than the 700, it locks the firing pin not the trigger group. Far better to me.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]