Originally Posted by Muffin
Free float or pressure pad.............

Any thoughts???

Check out the thread I started. I'm hoping we get more shooters there and maybe they can chime in. The stock I am using on that rifle is a Magpul Hunter x22 and it comes with barrel shims, so you can adjust the barrel to stock tension. Since the standard 10-22 only has one action screw, it is sometimes necessary to have tension on the barrel so it shoots to its full potential. The proof is always going to be on target. I'd also suggest a good bedding job, then it's going to be up to you to determine what your rifle likes. Most I've had like a little bit of tension:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now, lets be clear about something. I look for consistency when assessing accuracy/precision of a rifle. I don't like one trick/load ponies. A good rifle and barrel set up properly should shoot just about every brand of ammo very well. Of course it will have some that it likes more than others, but it should still be consistent. If that makes sense. Most groups shot with this rifle are 10 shots per group. If you want to see more, go to the recent thread I started for more info.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA