Originally Posted by BC30cal
bsa;
Morning to you sir, I hope you're doing well wherever you're at so far today.

Thanks for the reply, for sure I'd never ever say my way is the only way or even one of the ways for that matter.

We used to run a match with rimfire rifles shot at 25yds where we'd shoot at a blank piece of paper - no aiming point then - and the closest 10 shots won the round. It was all standing, offhand, no slings, no elbow resting on the belly and no shooting jackets.

Anyways I built that thing to shoot that match bsa and no, I never, ever won with it that I can recall! laugh

I should mention I did win one with a different rifle, but not the money pit.

As mentioned the rationale behind bedding the barrel is that it's so much heavier than the action and because it's just sitting in the action as well, not threaded in.

Then part way through that process it struck me some sort of anchor point/recoil lug wouldn't hurt, so that's how that ended up being built.

It got parked after the club stopped running the matches we were helping with and I really didn't shoot it other than to take care of a couple yard coyotes in the past couple of decades.

When I picked up a T1X a couple years back, I saw it in the safe and thought that I really should put at least a somewhat better scope on it, so I've done that but haven't shot it yet. It's yard and house renovation season still here.. laugh

Thanks to you and the rest for a fine thread and exchange of ideas. This sort of thing is what keeps the 'Fire interesting to my way of thinking.

All the best.

Dwayne

It is a great thread and I always appreciate your thoughts on stuff. Have a great day buddy!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA