Muffin;
Good afternoon or I see evening already on the east coast, I hope the middle of the week was kind to you.

Since I often like to wander down rabbit holes just to see what I can learn, after putting together a money pit 10/22 with a 20" Green Mountain barrel which is quite heavy and has a Bentz chamber, I tried something different.

I machined an aluminum block which I then attached to the bottom of the action with a couple 6-48 screws, the idea being to make a recoil lug of sorts. Sorry I don't have a photo of it out of the stock.

Then I bedded the entire barrel and the recoil lug, but floated the action behind it.

[Linked Image]

Just this winter I've put a different 4-12 Tasco with AO on it, but haven't shot it yet with that setup.

With a scope without AO, it didn't shoot as well as BSA's 10/22 with the Kidd barrel, but honestly I never really and truly tried it with enough different types of ammo back when and wandered off into different project rifles.

I'll report back if I learn anything significant, but that's what I did and it shoots fairly well, but again didn't group as well as BSA's.

Oh, some magazines that I have feed better - or better said shave less lead when feeding and as a result give me better groups. That I do remember from back in the day.

All the best with your 10/22 project.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"