Originally Posted by BC30cal
bsa;
Good afternoon once more, me again and I still hope you're having a good day.

Thanks for the kind reply, I appreciate it.

Thanks as well for getting the mental gears turning again, because although you didn't ask me this, I have used either SteelStik or it's cousin when I was repairing woodworking machinery.

It worked great and honestly I'd never considered it for small confined bedding jobs until I saw your post..... and the light went on!!! laugh

Yah, I can see using that on a few things actually, so thanks again.

All the best.

Dwayne

Ha ha. I'm glad if it helped my friend. Not to give away more of my tricks, but I use that in a lot of my Savage bolt action rifles. Especially the ones with plastic stocks. One of my favorite rifles, I sold to a buddy, was bedded with just that. That rifle is so dang precise and it doesn't care how many shots you send downrange on target, it keeps them right in there. It was one of my favorite "sleeper" rifles. My buddies at my club hated it when I brought that rifle out to our hunting rifle shoots. I even took it to some of my clubs "precision" rifle shoots, rather than actually bringing my "precision" rifles. I'd post pics of how that rifle shoots, but this is a 10-22 thread. But I guarantee it's just like the rest of my rifles. You guys are making me want to go and buy some ammo I saw the other day:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And maybe even another 10-22 to play around with. Maybe even do a thread on accurizing one.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA