i hear so much ranting and raving about a Tikka hunting so i ordered a laminated wood stock ,S.S., 30-06 i want tp just see how good of a rifle it is . i took the rifle out of the box rifle looks very nice , barrel is completely floated which i like ,trigger came set at 3 1/2 lbs. its a 2 position thumb type safety , this rifle is for a right hander, bolt locks with safety on , the magazine is nylon and also trigger guard makes it lighter i guess ,magazine is a single stack . has a good recoil pad . when i took rifle apart the reciever/ barrel is held up with some sticky pieces that i will change to glass bedding , the trigger is a metal box type like a Remington has which i do not like much . but overall its a nice rifle next will be range time to see how well it will shoot. the reason i got the old 30-06 cartridge they are easy to sell ,ammo is easy to find any place in the world ,and if i go to another country i would take this rifle because if i lost it would not bother me as much as my pride and joy rifles like my Ruger #1`s ,Winchester pre64`s and Savage 99`s .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman