Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I keep seeing replacement recoil lugs and I don’t get it.

I shoot a lot less than some but a lot more than most and none of my Tikkas have a replacement. Sure, 7mm-08 and such isn’t an issue but I push my 7mm Rem Mag and .30-06 hard.

No issues.

But hey, it’s your money, if you feel better about a replacement lug go for it.

P

I've shot the steel ones loose before. The receiver starts to eat into the aluminum and steel lugs. They always get replaced with a stainless lug now. It does happen, and it will affect your accuracy/precision. You generally won't see a change in accuracy, until after around 300 rounds, but it depends on what it's chambered for. I've bought some T3's that supposedly didn't shoot well, so they were priced low. All they needed was a new recoil lug. Just a FYI. You may not shoot as much as you think you do.

I also glass bed my Tikka's, so I'm not going to bust Pete's balls for wanting to make his right from the get go. Not a damn thing wrong with that way of thinking. Sounds like he's a Winchester guy, and that is what you do to those if you want a great shooting rifle that will be reliable for a lifetime of shooting. Most rifles benefit greatly from a proper glass bedding job. That's not guessing or bs.. Guys that don't know how to glass bed their rifles, tend to make excuses for why they are not doing it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA